Damper in Snout?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoked

Feeling the Heat
Feb 19, 2015
Roanoke VA
Does anyone ever install a damper in the snout of the tee? I have a free standing stove(2) installed into a masonry fireplace and the only place I can see a damper working and being remotely accessible is in the snout of the tee. I think I may really need it in my basement install. Summer is the time for all this fun stuff!

I have one installed just before the thimble in my basement stove install. Works a treat with the Hoover vacuum cleaner draft that 35' chimney has.

I did that on my stove, just in case I needed it, but didn't figure I would with only 16' of stack. You probably don't need it unless you have a tall chimney, like 25+ feet, or the stove is leaking air really bad...

One will be a little over 30' so I think it will be in there just in case!

Status
Not open for further replies.