Damper lever Majestic M36

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pioneer Man

Nov 7, 2015
Louisville,Ky
Hi everyone I have a Majestic M36 prefab fireplace that was in my home when I bought it. The house was built in 1984 so I'm thinking that's the year this was made. Initially there was a wood stove that was inside the fireplace which I later found out was unsafe and against code so I took it out. There were no refractory panels or clips and the damper lever was missing. After an extensive search I was only able to find a drawing of the damper lever and naturally you can't even buy one as they are a discontinued item. I'm wondering if anyone has this type of fireplace that has the damper lever still in it as I could probably make one if I just had a good picture. I have made something that works but I want to control the burn of the fire to save on wood and I can't do that with what I made as I'd burn my hand off. Any help would be appreciated. I've also learned Majestic was bought out by Vermont Casting. I've contacted Majestic directly and they weren't able to help me. I recently bought a four foot flue extension and new cap and the fireplace works great with zero smoke coming into the room!

Welcome. Were you able to replace the other parts such as the refractory and fire casing?

I found this too it's the closest thing to what the lever looks like that I could find but need an actual picture to make another one. Thanks for trying though
Hi Pioneer Man, where did you find the casing? Mine is damaged and everywhere I search it says discontinued. Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.