Damper position

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave c.

Jan 26, 2014
Baltimore, Md.
. manual for my Whitfield advantage 2-T said the damper handle should be approx. be 2 1/4 in. From side of stove. My problem is the damper won't move in or out at all. Any solutions?

hammer? it might be seized up somehow. I know mine is HARD to move. it gets gunky inside.

Coutrysides recommend exercising the damper daily to keep them from seizing.

hammer? it might be seized up somehow. I know mine is HARD to move. it gets gunky inside.
Thanks briansol for your input. I unhooked it from the chimney and torn it completely apart. I loosed the screws a little that the damper goes into and unsized it. Cleaned both motors. Need to order gasket for exhaust motor. Made a temporary one from gasket material ( water pump) . I need to order the recommended motor oil also. Running pretty good now. Once again thank you for the advice.

Reactions: briansol
Status
Not open for further replies.