Damper Question about my Whitfield Profile 20 Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 17, 2007
CT
For the first time since I have had this stove, I need to adjust the damper settings.

That is because for the first time I am using different brands of pellets. For the last 5 years, I have only used Dry Creek (cause that's what my stove maintenance guy recommended)....plus they worked great. Little or no clinkers, typical amount of ash, no matter what heat setting...Just fill the hopper and go.

This year cause I couldn't get Dry Creek at a decent price, so I am trying 2 new brands:
New England Wood Pellet
Hamer's Hot Ones

I was looking through the owner's manual regarding the damper adjustment.
According to the manual, there should be some sort of set collar and damper adjustment rod on the outside of the stove on the right side.
I don't see any sort of collar or damper adjustment rod.

I opened the side panel and found the damper adjustment rod.

So, is the only way to adjust the damper on this Profile 20 stove is to open the side panel to access the damper adjustment rod?

I posted a pic for reference. Black knob is damper...

3184755889_ded16dfe61.jpg

3185618668_ce706e9a52.jpg

Thanks.
mike

That's it. On later models, atleast on the profile 30, they made the rod longer and drilled a hole in the side panel door for it to protrude through. They put the knob on the end and had a collar with a set screw a few inches down the rod to prevent people from completely choking the stove.

Thanks, Shane.....

I guess I'll have to keep my 1/4" nut driver near the stove so I can get to the damper!

Status
Not open for further replies.