Damper repair

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordy

Nov 7, 2013
NS Canada
I have an Enviro EF2, and the only way to keep the stove running is to have the auger dial at about 2 or 3 o'clock (position).
If I turn it down any lower it goes out, higher is fine but if any lower the pellet stove shuts itself down (seems the sensor not getting the required heat to stay on).
I've adjusted the damper but it doesn't seem to make any difference, all the way in or out seems the same.
From what I've read here is that it could be the damper isn't working and could be stuck open and the fire is 'blowing out' when turned down due to the amount of air flow.

Is there a way to take the side off and see if this is what is happening?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I use to have to fix mine seasonally.

Move Stove to outside (if possible)

Been a while so hope my memory is still ok.
Open up side panels
Look at rear of firebox inside the chassis and you will see 4 nuts holding the exhaust plenum to the firebox.
Loosen the two right hand nuts on the convection blower side (facing the stove)
The damper should now be able to easily slide fully in.
You can remove the combustion blower and housing. This will let you get a flashlight and eyeball on the damper.

Tighten the nuts back in again to allow damper movement but still be snug.

While it is all apart give it a deep clean.

Made a huge difference on my old EF-2

---Nailer---

Status
Not open for further replies.