Damper with Jotul Rangeley F 50 TL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott2373

Nov 9, 2011
Williamson, New York
I have a Jotul Rangeley F 50 TL and was wondering what the recommendation for an in-line pipe damper on this stove is. Maybe "jotulguy" has some valuable input??? I have about 25' of stainless double wall Duravent w/ two 45's to get around the eave, outside and about five feet of single wall Duravent to a 90, then three feet to the thimble. My draft is adequate and I can get some good long burn times on a normal day using only slab wood from the local pallet maker. However, it seems like sometimes it burns a lot faster than normal. Probably due to the elevation and wide open land that my house sits on and the insane straight-on winds we get because there is no treeline nearby. I'm also using a Vacu-Stack due to wind/starting problems we had in the past and happy to report that this thing is a miracle worker! Thanks very much!

Last edited:
I have an F55. I have Olympia double-wall stove pipe with a damper as the first section.
DSC02164.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.