danfoss esbe thermic valve

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moved to the Boiler room, people there are more likely to have an answer and give you a good reply... What I've seen many people comment is that E-bay can be your friend on heating supplies IF you know exactly what you need, and have a good idea of what the cost would be from a regular retail source so you avoid overbidding.

Gooserider

Thanks for the replies and for moving the thread. I tried to put this in the boiler room forum but I guess it didn't work. Still new here. I have BioMax 40 installed in an outside shed. I do not have any storage but it is working quite well. I used a classic primary secondary piping arrangement with zone valves on the secondary and a 50/50 mix of glycol. After observing my system run I question if I need the Danfoss valve. The primary pump is controlled by the RK-2001UA controller on the boiler. I maintain about 185 on the supply and there seems to be enough flow on my primary that my return is always above 150, so long as my supply water is hot.
Any thoughts are appreciated. BTW my location is in the Catskills near the Monticello race track.

Welcome to the Boiler Room, sharadn. It's nice to have another BioMax owner here in the forum. Another brain to pick.

I'd say that if your return stays above 140, you should be in good shape. I have a Taco 007 wired into the contoller that pumps water from the supply into the return when it drops below 140. That's another way to do it without a mixing valve.

And yes, Alternative Heating of North America is a new BioMax dealer. I don't know if that's where you got yours, but they're not far from you.

I got mine from Zenon at New Horizen and have been very pleased with the level of support that I have gotten. I must have called him about 30 times start to finish and he has always been very helpful and accomodating. I was going to put the boiler in my basement but he advised me to put it in an out building. I followed his advise and I can now see why. It is inevitable that you get some smoke from the boiler. I would not hesitate to buy from him again.
We were originally heating a large living room with about 200 sq ft of glass with a wood stove, but my wife could not tolerate the ash and general mess from the stove. Propane was our main source of heat for the rest of the house and the price is getting outrageous. So we sprung for a wood boiler in an out building and put it some underground pre-insulate pipe. We can now heat the whole house with wood. As long as I am around we don't have to burn any propane. When I have to travel for my work we can let the wood boiler go out and run on the propane. It seems to have turned out to be nice system.
The cost of heating our house should be no more than half of what we were paying before and it is likely to be less. We figured that a three year payback was reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.