Danny's bringing 4+ inches of rain to me

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stejus

Minister of Fire
Jul 29, 2008
Central MA
It's not a tropical storm but more like a summer Nor'easter. If this were snow, we'd have 4 feet of heavy wet snow to contend with. I wish I had that wood shed I am planning, but now I have to run home to cover up!

Attachments

• map10pix.jpg
    map10pix.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 366
Why bother covering up? It is going to come down so fast it won't have time to soak in.

Perhaps tie it all down so splits don't float away is more like it :)

I just secured my tarps and cleaned my gutters. I hope everything stays where I put it

Eh, we're not supposed to get much wind. Even the outer cape is only supposed to get 40 mph gusts, much, much less sustained.

Lots of rain though.

I have a grapple load in my driveway I still have to cut/split/stack. Maybe I should go out and carve one of the larger logs into a canoe? ;-)

I just turned the Ac's on to "dry", the humidity is getting to that "semi hurricane ridiculous" point :roll:

Woods uncovered. 2 cord ready for this winter, 3 cords coming split in January. It's gonna get wet where ever it is :coolsmirk:

Monday will be sunny and 70 - it will be dry by midday

I got home in time last night to cover 5 cord (this season's wood) with tarp the other 4 cord uncovered (2010/2011). This month of Aug has been hot and dry here in NE and a great deal of drying took place. I just to to keep as much water off this season's wood to stay ahead of the drying cycle as we're getting close to lighting up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.