Danson Glowboy Home Heater

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JonVanVleet

Jan 21, 2012
New York
I have a Danson Glowboy home heater setup in my finished basement. I have had this stove for 3 years and just noticed something strange. Just below the door hinges on the left side is a small hole. It looks like a machined hole so I think it is by design? The hole does go all the way through. The hole is about the size of a pencil lead.

Should I put some high temp sealer on the hole?

Attachments

• IMG_0477.jpg
    IMG_0477.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 236
If its not from the factory like that, then I would seal it with some furnace cement or something of that nature.

Make sure its not an air wash. . . .

Looks like someone ported it, for a mag gauge? My best guess??

It is there from the factory,mine has the same hole.It is an air bleed to prevent excess vacuum at start up,leave it alone.

My whitfields have the same sort of little hole.

This is used to check the firebox vacuum at set up or diagnostics. Just a handy place to connect a
manometer that measures in Inches of water column.

Snowy

Status
Not open for further replies.