Danson Pellet Stove.. Water coming in from exhaust

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hotcar1012

Oct 14, 2014
Waukesha, WI
A couple weeks ago we had some crazy rain.. I went downstairs and "tons" of water was pouring our the exhaust from the bottom of the pellet stove. Most of the water ran down into the pit so I don't think it got near any of the electrical.

Has this ever happened to anyone? Where so I start to find out how this happened?

Obviously it came from the chimney but I don't quite understand how it go into the stove itself

Acutron2 by Dansons
FPP2BD-m : Model

Sounds like it came down the chimney. Wind driven rains can do that. Do you have a cap on your chimney? What kind of cap? Pictures of the chimney and vent would help if you can get them. Oh and did you install the stove yourself or have it installed?

We added a cap after the first heavy rain and that helped a bit. After taking out the ceiling we see that it is the chimney and it is just for cold air intake. So we are going to bend the cap to make it more water resistent

Status
Not open for further replies.