dara

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the boiler room Dara. To get a better look at this we could use some more info, like if there are top and bottom access to each.

If you have a chance, fill out your sig. This will help others to see some of your intrest and equipment.

My dilemma is 'big storage idea,but small basement doorway' Plenty of space in basement but can"t get there from here.

After reviewing many posts of two 250 gal tanks, I decided to ask if there was any sense in using a group of smaller tanks, hoping to get hot water out of the top of the last one.

If there is no sense to this idea, I am working to convince my wife that we need to replace the landing at basement door.

Take care.

I know the challenge of the basement door. I would like presurised storage, but not feasable in the basement. I decided to build a 1500 tank with coils.
Your idea may work as long as you have 2 ports to work with. If there is only a port on top, you may need someone with good welding skills to create one on the bottom of each tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.