Darn CL blackout after a windstorm!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eclecticcottage

Minister of Fire
Dec 7, 2011
WNY
Of all the days for them to pick to protest SOPA, they blacked out today-right after a wind storm. Perfect scrounging weather and no where for people to post the free stuff. Grumble.

wait about 10 seconds on the blackout screen and a link will appear at the bottom to let you in. and just remember, if they have their way it will always be a blackout screen. so quit your grumble and do your part....

Hm, I'll check it out, I wonder if casual users will notice it and still post though...of course it might be an advantage, if others jsut see it and leave instead of waiting-I might actually be first to respond!!

And while I agree the folks in Washington botched the writing, I think something needs to be done with the right click save as and reuse/resellers (as someone who owns a business that sells online and has been ripped of by thieves). I don't think the way the law was written was right though, how on earth can they police the world. What really needs to be done is to toughen laws so that a regular business (not a multibillion dollar company with a flock of lawyers) has a change at protecting their IP rights.

That link wasn't at the bottom earlier today.

Yea I am having with draws!

smokinjay said:
Yea I am have with draws!

Translation: "I'm having withdrawal symptoms!"

(Correct?)

By the time I read the statement the link was on the bottom of the page.....it pays to be slow!

DanCorcoran said:
smokinjay said:
Yea I am have with draws!

Translation: "I'm having withdrawal symptoms!"

(Correct?)

Thanks with out alot of help and cheating English 101 would have sent me to the grave.....

The link was dark red and hard to see for me earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.