Date coding pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevekng

Feeling the Heat
Oct 21, 2007
Central Maine
I don't know if this has come up before but is there a pellet company that date codes their bags? That way you could be sure you're not getting pellets from last year and you could tie the manufacturing date to any production process changes.

NEWP is the only pellet I know that has a date/batch code on the bags. The other dates on the bags are when the bag was printed. Okies was roumered to possibly start coding these. But I haven't seen anything about it lately.

If there are other brands/mills date coding? Please post so we all learn!

I never saw it before now. I've been buying NEWP for two years and never saw the very small date on the upper left corner of the bag. Is that the date the bag was filled? The only numbers I saw were 03-15 10. I'm thinking March 15, 2010

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.