Day 32 With No Heat - Enviro Maxx Being Installed Tomorrow!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, we all wanna see pics!!!!!!!!(and some of the stove, too).

Could you elaborate on the Water problems you are having with your boiler. I am just curious what type of water problems would effect your boiler. Boilers are very simple design and are usually very durable.

Hey now, congrats on the new stove...Surge protector?? .Just in time getting colder..

Here it is!

No, we did not install a decorative hearth (to those unfamiliar with this stove, it comes with a bolt on hearth). I know it looks pretty lonely there all by itself, but we'll do something. Let the chastising begin!

hossthehermit: you're a funny guy!

ct_administrator: we have hard water with high iron content. even with a water softener it's pretty rough.

gfreek: the husband wasn't about to plug in the stove unless it was into a surge protector first. with our luck lately, we'd have a power surge within minutes of plugging it in. :)

Ok, so let me have it about the hearth. I can take it. I just survived 32 days without heat, after all.

Attachments

• stove.jpg
    stove.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 580
It looks just fine to me peacockrocks. I never was one for fancy things.

As for Hoss you have to remember he claims to be a Mainer and we are a rather strange bunch.

Enjoy the heat.

No hearth necessary with that stove! Looks good to me. But I am biased because I own its sister stove and LOVE it! :)

Enjoy!

SmokeyTheBear said:
It looks just fine to me peacockrocks. I never was one for fancy things.

As for Hoss you have to remember he claims to be a Mainer and we are a rather strange bunch.

Enjoy the heat.

i love, love, love maine. we've vacationed in georgetown for the past four years. is this near you?

Nice looking Stove! Enjoy the Heat! :)

SmokeyTheBear said:
As for Hoss you have to remember he claims to be a Mainer.

Yeah, I'm from "the other Maine", the 90% of the state that you want to turn into a park.
Nice lookin' stove, Peahen.

Looks fine just the way it is. Heat thats all we ask for...

hossthehermit said:
SmokeyTheBear said:

Yeah, I'm from "the other Maine", the 90% of the state that you want to turn into a park.

Not me Hoss, I'm a herring choker, from Downeast Maine, can perform any of the jobs in a sardine cannery.

Looks warm to me! :)

Congrats on the install.....it looks good to me just the way it is. Keep her clean, run good pellets, and you'll be warm all winter.

And thanks for the pic!

SmokeyTheBear said:
hossthehermit said:
SmokeyTheBear said:

Not me Hoss, I'm a herring choker, from Downeast Maine, can perform any of the jobs in a sardine cannery.
Sorry, Smokey, didn't know they relocated Standish Down East. My bad.

hossthehermit said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
hossthehermit said:
SmokeyTheBear said:

They didn't, I'm not from here.

There was never any real jobs that paid down that way, so like most folks that saw the writing on the wall I got to h*ll out.

The way things are in this state a lot of folks leave it entirely only coming back when they retire or on vacation if then. I was lucky enough to be able to make a go of it here, just not Downeast.

Hopefully the new Governor will get some of the problems straightened out without causing some of his own.

SmokeyTheBear said:
hossthehermit said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
hossthehermit said:
SmokeyTheBear said:

They didn't, I'm not from here.

There was never any real jobs that paid down that way, so like most folks that saw the writing on the wall I got to h*ll out.

The way things are in this state a lot of folks leave it entirely only coming back when they retire or on vacation if then. I was lucky enough to be able to make a go of it here, just not Downeast.

Hopefully the new Governor will get some of the problems straightened out without causing some of his own.

Yeah, I know the feeling, I grew up where the names of towns is made up of T's and R's. Moved over here after my first marriage 38 years ago, her father worked in a paper mill and could get me in. 38 years later, I'm still here.

Hows the heat??

gfreek said:
Hows the heat??

the heat is amazing! it's almost always on setting 2/5 because it just gets too hot in the house on anything higher. i'm glad we went with this stove over some of the others that we looked at. definitely worth the money, and i'm kicking myself for not listening to my husband sooner! :)

Well, we installed our vista flame 170 today and we love it. This thing is amazing! It was a bit of a pain getting it in the house because of the weight, but we got it done. I also had to change all the exhaust over to 4'' since the old Breckwell was 3" exhaust. Anyway, it's running now and my 2500 sqft house is nice and toasty. Even upstairs. Amazing. Thanks all for the help in making this decision. I'll post some pictures this weekend. Oh, my biggest concern was the noise this would make and it's not bad at all. The dishwasher bothers me more than the vf170.

Wow, that thing is a BEAST! 70,000 btu's!!! That will keep you toasty just hauling pellets to it! You don't have to worry about running it on high all day, that's for sure. Glad you're warm again.

hobbers that's cool and congrats. You might want to start your own
thread complete with pics otherwise most of the people on here won't
see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.