Day Off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Spent most of the morning plowing with the rhino around the house, before I did that I took time to clear the entrance to the lane with the Ford. After getting the heavier stuff with the Ford I grabbed the rhino with the plow then made my way back in, attached are some pictures of the brook and part of the trail.

zap

Attachments

• 100_4718.jpg
    100_4718.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 469
  • 100_4719.jpg
    100_4719.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 506
  • 100_4720.jpg
    100_4720.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 483
  • 100_4722.jpg
    100_4722.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 493
zapny said:
Spent most of the morning plowing with the rhino around the house, before I did that I took time to clear the entrance to the lane with the Ford. After getting the heavier stuff with the Ford I grabbed the rhino with the plow then made my way back in, attached are some pictures of the brook and part of the trail.

zap

I wish I where there right now zap I would get lost on purpose lol.

Pete

Bring your saw when you stop up. Not sure what Mother Nature has coming in on Wednesday but I hope it's not snow, some areas are fine but other areas are tough going.

zap

Do you travel that brook as part of the trail our do you just cross it. Picture 3, is that a switch back trail to getting up top?. Nice pics as always. Wish I had enough land to get away a few hours. Be well

zapny said:

zap
Have you ever read the book, My Side of the Mountain? It's about a boy who lives in the Adorondak wilderness by himself in a hollowed out Hemlock. I must have read it a dozen times in grade school.

I've never read it Osage, will see if the local Library has it.

Zap

Great pics . . . I love winterscapes.

Looks familiar zap. You got more snow than we have. Doesn't look too bad yet for this week. Maybe 2-4" of snow but some freezing rain with it doesn't sound too great. Hopefully that will pass right over us and head your way. You have to need it worse than we do...

I watched the news for this area tonight, looks like they will wait another day before they make a call on how much we will get. Still have some dead pine by the house I can get at if we get to much snow.

zap

zap

Beautiful day and pics Zap. Did you see this at the end of it? Looked up as I was finishing loading the trailer and had a huge beautiful display of Venus and Jupiter around the moon in the glow of the sunset with Mars over in the southeast sky to round it out.

419692_378840622126421_344505068893310_1506497_1162175855_n.jpg

[quote author="SolarAndWood" date="1330405162"]Beautiful day and pics Zap. Did you see this at the end of it? Looked up as I was finishing loading the trailer and had a huge beautiful display of Venus and Jupiter around the moon in the glow of the sunset with Mars over in the southeast sky to round it out.

Yes I did Solar, it was very nice. The wife had went outside to look at the sky, she came back inside to tell me so I went outside to take in the view.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.