Days like this make wood heating a blessing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
old school jags... old school.

It was warmer this morning (7*) then yesterday morning (-10*), and we are looking for a good warmup (37*) today!

My gas stove is probably in the neighborhood of 250* ;sick

Welcome back Ryan! Missed ya.

The High here is 10F with a low of 0F.

It's gonna warm up next week apparently.

Hey Ryan. Are you in the same house? What happened with the Mansfield?

Thanks BB, good to see your still using that old avatar!

We have our mountain house still, but moved to the front range once the kids started school.. We put a smaller stove in and sold off the Mansfield :(

The High here is 10F with a low of 0F.

It's gonna warm up next week apparently.

Yahoo! Fahrenheit. I can finally relate to your coldness. We had 15 degrees this morning. The diesel pickup (old 7.3) was particularly rattley.

Reactions: WriteNoob
Yesterday the polar express started spilling into western WA. It made it past the Rockies and the Cascades and dropped temps like a rock. The huge pressure differential has created strong steady winds of 20-30mph with stronger gusts in areas exposed to mtn passes. Overnight there we a lot trees and limbs down and a lot of power outages. We lost it for a couple hours right at dinner time last night. There are several local communities still without power. (Highbeam, do you have power?) Winds are still blowing and temp is just above freezing. The roads are covered with evergreen branches. Our banana plants look like they went through a shredder.

Through all of this the T6 purred along and kept us cozy. It was a rude shock to step outdoors from the warm comfort of wood heat. There really is nothing like it. Our cat heartily agrees.

We just had our first wood stove installed and we are in Western Wa too. I am waiting for the stove to come up to room temp before we do our first break in fire--my daughters are mad at me:)

Yahoo! Fahrenheit. I can finally relate to your coldness. We had 15 degrees this morning. The diesel pickup (old 7.3) was particularly rattley.

Ha Ha Ha. Yes I have an app or that.

Freeeezzzzing

Cooold

It's all winter around here at the moment.

Old 7n3 eh! Need to pour the coals in to warm her up I imagine!

It's in the 30's here but 19* this morning house was 75* and still is. Don't know why it took us so long to get with the program:( But the old buck has the place pretty toasty ! Still waiting on the summit to be installed dec. 3 is the day. Love wood heat !

-7 tonight here in MN! First sub zero night with the stove!

30 at ten thirty pm and headed to low twenties tonight. And this is the warm day for the next week. January weather in November. :mad:

Went 24/7 yesterday.

I feel you BB. We had 30 at this house this morning and on our way to 20 Saturday morn. Stove room was 84 last I checked !!!. We won't be waking up cold.

Hi Jonathan and welcome.

I bet you can't wait to get a good fire going in that new stove. I still remember the thrill ! You and your girls will enjoy it so much :)

Still pretty mild here in Scotland. Temps still well above freezing. I wish they weren't - I want to enjoy the ridiculous coziness of a stove indoors when it's feezing out! Ive been longing for winter for weeks now...that's how clinically insane having a stove has made me!

Woke up to this today.
011.JPG
We should end up with about 3 inches which is very unusual for us, this time of year.
Weather guessers are saying 9F for tonight.
Looks like most everyone else is getting dumped on as well.

Woke up to 5* F, this morning. After the first night with the new stove, 69* F inside. Happy-Happy-Happy!

Reactions: smokedragon
It's about time! I can finally use up some of the wood I have and clear up some racks cuz I have rounds laying around just waiting to be split and stacked. As long as I don't have to use my propane the cold temperatures don't bother me (much...)

We're under a winter storm warning right now in West Michigan. Gettin the lake effect snow at the moment..calling for an inch an hour of snow. (I HOPE they are wrong) Temps around 20 with wind chills around 4. This old stove is keeping us at a comfy 75.:)

No snow, but it rained all night and day. Temps 20 under average and headed for low twenties lows and not over freezing for a few days. This is January stuff here in the Tropic of Virginia.

Woke up to 5* F, this morning. After the first night with the new stove, 69* F inside. Happy-Happy-Happy!

Glad to hear that Noob. Been wondering.

Glad to hear that Noob. Been wondering.
Good to be back, and warm. No more of that freezing the bits and bawbs off, this year. The temps are single digit. The Baltic's running at about 3-400*, at about one inch from totally shut down. And (wait for it), the house is toasty warm.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416271941.489663.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416271972.458577.jpg

Even the cats are happy (and in a heat coma).
Cheers!

Headed down to 12 here tonight. Tomorrows high is supposed do be 19 then back to 12 tomorrow night.

First real test for the new stove or I would have ABSOLUTELY no reason whatsoever to look forward to the next couple days.

Status
Not open for further replies.