Days Like This Test My Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blowing and snowy with a temp of 18 degrees at the moment. Stove was lit 6.5 hours ago. Room sitting at about 73. These days push my little Heritage. She only has so much horsepower with a 2.0 cubic firebox. On the bright side, I have moved inside about 2 days worth of fuel re-split to good size pieces this morning.

Got plenty of oak fairly well, but not fully seasoned to Hearth.com moisture level standards.

firecracker_77 said:
Got plenty of oak fairly well, but not fully seasoned to Hearth.com moisture level standards.

He,hehe. Its a pretty rough crowd around here when you are not doing it right. :lol:

But it is a rare bird that will tell you it won't work. There is just other forces that need attention (sweeping, cleaning glass, babying it on startup, etc.)

Jags said:
firecracker_77 said:

He,hehe. Its a pretty rough crowd around here when you are not doing it right. :lol:

But it is a rare bird that will tell you it won't work. There is just other forces that need attention (sweeping, cleaning glass, babying it on startup, etc.)

The way I get around the moisture issue is by splitting the wood into little splits. Seems to burn more quickly without all the steam.

Jags said:
firecracker_77 said:

It won't work.

boy you lower 48 guys got it good, wish it was warm as 18f here.. and kinda wish we had shorter winters like you guys.

that check isnt nothing when you consider how much more we pay for everything. anyhow i dont live in alaska for the $ i live in it for less people and more freedom. plus the view aint half bad.

Grey, So I see why u have all those stoves now.

Backwoods Savage said:
Jags said:
firecracker_77 said:

It won't work.

Dennis - are you disputing the fact that your a "rare bird"? %-P

Not at all Jags. Not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.