Days like today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BrowningBAR said:
I spend most of my time in the Summer Kitchen. Part of that room is used as my office.

Well maybe you can order a snuggie or two. :lol:

A BK in that side would work great for you, a 300* stove top for 24 hours would probably do the trick in this weather.

Since I've got the BK I've really had to work not to brag them up to much. I don't want to look like a total homer but these stoves are nothing short of amazing on low burn, it burns so long it makes me giggle. I burned mine a little hotter this morning for a few hours since the wife was "cold"(71) and "only" got about 18 hours out of it before temps started dropping in the house. I still waited 24 hours or so before reloading but the house was 68 at that time.

rdust said:
BrowningBAR said:
I spend most of my time in the Summer Kitchen. Part of that room is used as my office.

Well maybe you can order a snuggie or two. :lol:

A BK in that side would work great for you, a 300* stove top for 24 hours would probably do the trick in this weather.

Since I've got the BK I've really had to work not to brag them up to much. I don't want to look like a total homer but these stoves are nothing short of amazing on low burn, it burns so long it makes me giggle. I burned mine a little hotter this morning for a few hours since the wife was "cold"(71) and "only" got about 18 hours out of it before temps started dropping in the house. I still waited 24 hours or so before reloading but the house was 68 at that time.
I'm not crazy about the looks of the BK's but I am amazed at some of the burn times you guys post......how often do you have to replace the CAT in those stoves?.....I may have to look into that some more.....I can get past looks if there is that kind of performance....

Scotty Overkill said:
BrowningBAR said:
Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
I hear ya, Browning. Reminds me of mine. A 3rd stove would be awesome.

Can't get heat to the lower master bedroom.

Need a 3rd stove. Def a 30, and then kick in the PE & the 13 when needed.

Boxy layouts are brutal when it comes to whole house heating. But it is possible. Unfortunately it borders on the ridiculousness that I need three stoves to heat 2,150 sq ft. %-P

I am sure you have regulators in your house, right?......we have 3000 sq. feet of remodeled homestead (heavily insulated since the remodel) and we crank the ol' Napoleon on cold nights....if it gets too warm in the early season we use our regulators.....we have 22 of them.....crack a downstairs window in one location, open up an upstairs window in another location and after some learning you can regulate that shoulder season heat quite nicely...if that don't work, we keep a window fan out all year, and it gets put to use often in the winter...lol...

LOL at "regulators"!

But, seriously though, I'm trying to figure out a proper burn cycle that allows me to be more efficient with my fuel so I am not over heating a room or house.

Scotty Overkill said:
I'm not crazy about the looks of the BK's but I am amazed at some of the burn times you guys post......how often do you have to replace the CAT in those stoves?.....I may have to look into that some more.....I can get past looks if there is that kind of performance....

The looks aren't nearly as bad as I thought before I went and looked at them. :lol: No idea on the cat from experience since mine is new this year. If you look at the hours a cat should be good for and burn 24/7 mine "should" get me 2 1/2-3 years before the performance starts to slip. Honestly I would have no issue replacing it yearly if I had to and it's 300 bucks for a Princess!

When it gets cold and low burn won't heat this place anymore burn times will come back to earth. If I can load it 2 or 3 times a day when it's really cold and still keep this place heated nice and even I'll be happy. With the old stove 3 loads would keep me warm but it was a roller coaster ride with the temp swings.

rdust said:
Scotty Overkill said:

The looks aren't nearly as bad as I thought before I went and looked at them. :lol: No idea on the cat from experience since mine is new this year. If you look at the hours a cat should be good for and burn 24/7 mine "should" get me 2 1/2-3 years before the performance starts to slip. Honestly I would have no issue replacing it yearly if I had to and it's 300 bucks for a Princess!

When it gets cold and low burn won't heat this place anymore burn times will come back to earth. If I can load it 2 or 3 times a day when it's really cold and still keep this place heated nice and even I'll be happy. With the old stove 3 loads would keep me warm but it was a roller coaster ride with the temp swings.

You will be surprised at the diff.
I burned a BK without cat for 24 years..no comparison.

rdust said:
Scotty Overkill said:

If I wasn't so cheap, I would be considering a Princess or a Chinook... More Chinook than Princess since I'm still having a hard time with the design of the Princess/King look.

Status
Not open for further replies.