Days When You Can Almost Hear The Wood Sucking Moisture Back In

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
Not raining at the moment but the relative humidity where I live is 97%. That wood has got to be soaking up a bunch of moisture.

One of those days where you can actually see the air.

As the weatherman said on the news this morning, "it's the air you wear."

BrotherBart said:
Not raining at the moment but the relative humidity where I live is 97%. That wood has got to be soaking up a bunch of moisture.

One of those days where you can actually see the air.

Anyone starting to sprout gills yet?

I have had it. I quit. Too hot to do work in the sun. Unfortunately all the current work is now on the sunny side of the home, I am working on. I should have stayed in Block Island.. Also replacing trim on an extention ladder, with hornets buzzing around is nothing to get excited about.

Went to brush dump on Saturday..had not been there in 3 or 4 weeks...found about 72 hours worth of maple 4-6 inch diameter cut to 16". Thank you goddess of the woods! Then found 8 rounds of sugar maple 36" diameter they were anywhere from 28 to 36 inches in length..Went home got the saw, the splitting maul, wedges, pulp hook and cantook. Got through 6 and was spent basically spilit into thirds....had to carry the pieces about 75 ft to throw in the truck. Went back sunday to get the other two. On Sunday the pooch jumped out of the truck and went right under it until i finished. The pool never felt so good. We were at 93 and 90 plus humidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.