Day's work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluedogz

Minister of Fire
Oct 9, 2011
NE Maryland
Not much... a lot to go, but turned one pile into another...

Mrs. Blue doesn't quite understand that time spent in the woodlot is not necessarily "work" in the way she thinks...

Attachments

• Pile.jpg
    Pile.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 116
  • Stack.jpg
    Stack.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 119
That's a good sized pile 'o wood, Blue. Good work, especially considering your temps were to top out at about 79 degrees. It was upper 80's here today and after moving just a few wheelbarrows of splits, I gave up. Just can't handle the heat anymore.

Fortunately, my woodlot is pretty well shaded... so yeah, it was warm but not brutal.

I was a little surprised it only yielded about 1/2 cord after all was said and done.

Reminds me of the thread "how many times we handle wood" :)
Nice stack, 1/2 cord is nothing to downplay. Lots of BTUs there

Like the cat stairway up to the window!!!

We have a colony of feral cats that live in the woods beyond the woodlot; I installed that stairs so they could get into the barn window and out of the snow. Many winter mornings we find a couple of them sound asleep in the old beach chairs. ;em

Status
Not open for further replies.