Dayton brand?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

michael_m

Aug 18, 2011
SoCal
Hi All,

I'm looking for a propane gas heater and am curious about the Dayton brand. Have any of you used it? And if so, what did you think? Did it provide enough heat, hold up, etc.? Right now I'm looking at the ones here Gas Heater, and if I'm going to invest that much, I want it to last. Thanks for your help. And if you haven't used Dayton but are familiar with any propane heaters that cover approx. 4,000 square feet, I'm all for suggestions.

I used to run into them in industry. It is the house brand for Grainger. Usually average grade, not the best not the worst.

One thing with Grainger is that the list price is marked up heavily so the contractors that buy there can charge the client a premium and make some money with their discount. If you walk up to the front counter without an account you are paying list. Some large accounts get 30 to 40 % off.

Status
Not open for further replies.