Dead River Rough Cut

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skier76

Minister of Fire
Apr 14, 2009
CT and SoVT
I wasn't sure where to put this...but we'll try here first.

Anyone ever see this movie? http://www.amazon.com/Dead-River-Rough-Cut-Directors/dp/B00007GDK8

I caught some of it a few weeks back when it was on RSN in VT. It's a really interesting look at two guys who really live off the land in the northern woods of Maine. I managed to catch the part where they were cutting trees and pulling them out of the woods with a team of horses...in the middle of the winter.

My bad...a team of Ox...big difference! I apparently need to rewatch this..or buy the DVD.

Looks pretty cool.
Only thing I know about the Dead River is a white water rafting trip we took on it about 10 years back.
Pretty fun trip...would like to bring up my boys when they get older.

Status
Not open for further replies.