Deal Alert: Pure Sinewave 900Watt UPS on-sale at Costco for $149

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I have no faith in that brand. I had one for a year and randomly you would hear the fan kick on in the stove for about 2 seconds. It was so random i was never able to figure it out. Then one day during the summer the stove kicked on for about 30 seconds, so i unplugged the Pure shine and plugged a good fan into it, It smoked the fan within about 20 seconds. I called the manufacturer as it was still under warranty and the short form of the conversation was tough chit..

If my stove would have been newer and more electronics it would have been fried as well but its a older breckwell and this did not seem to effect it..

I have three of these units, for years, on my stove and 2 computers, and have no issues, other than replacing the internal battery when they get old.

I'll take an APC over a CyberPower any day, but for non-critical duty, CP is ok.

As @Pelleting In NJ said, change the cell and do it on schedule. Don't push it.

Once, I had a cell in a production rackmount UPS, not even that old, that failed and offgassed. It's a lovely fire hazard. I was in a meeting and my helpdesk employee came in, slightly panicked, and said 'the battery is offgassing!'. She could smell it in the server room. I hopped out of the meeting, and we pulled the unit from the rack in a BIG hurry. The chassis was quite hot, the odor was palpable. Threw it on a cart, wheeled it outside the building, and let it sit about 50 ft. away on the concrete for a week before recycling it.

Reactions: bogieb