Deal of the year for me....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfk4th

Minister of Fire
Feb 8, 2007
NY
I managed to grab a Century wood stove for 299.00 at Lowes, this is the bigger 2,000 sq. ft. one also. I do like ash pans as I have a Summit with the ash pan and it is a lifesaver if you want your room not full of ash dust.

I consider myself pretty knowledgeable now when it comes to stoves and I know you get what you pay for but......
This is for my fathers small cabin that currently has an old stove (not airtight, no glass, blower, etc). He is so excited about this stove and I am actually too. I know the BTU ratings are small compared to one of the Big Gun stoves (like my Summit) but again this is for a small cabin and it will fit quite nicely there. I also bought the blower at 50% off for 62 smackers, another great deal. I am excited to break the stove in and see if I can get an overnight burn on this "little guy"

This stove was actually 385.00 dollars but I pulled out the old line of "Well it is the display model and it's the last one right, how do I know it works perfectly..." I have used this line many times in the past and I always come out on top! Of course this stove will be fine because it has never been used, it's just not in the box. Lowes knows this but they also know that clearance items are taking up precious space and managers do not want to waste space or money.. So get that price as low as you the worst they can say is no.

So overall I do not expect this stove to burn like my Summit, I do expect it to burn a hell of a lot better than my Dad's old stove. I also know that for a total of 390.00 including tax I bought a nice stove and a blower, flippin sweet!!!!!!

I also bought one of their electric wood stoves for my Pop -up camper, another steal marked down to 73 dollars for their bigger electric stove with remote, IT'S JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER AT LOWES......

For the person that likes the Summers Heat Stove at Lowes I think that is a good stove too, it was just 150 dollars more and for me the slightly larger firebox was just not worth it. For my Dad's cabin if he uses it 10 times a year that will be a lot.

Either stove I think for the price is a steal, but don't delay they are going fast!

Yep, if I had more free time and a huge truck you could really make some loot this time of year buying out Lowes fireplace/woodstoves....
I just picked the stove and I am pretty excited about getting her going this weekend. A guy was buying the Summer hearth stove and he was a little jealous of the deal I got. I told him the big 3.5 cu ft firebox of his is pretty sweet too, I just did not want to spend the extra cash on something that is not used that much. Ordinarily it is a no brainer, you go for the bigger firebox, but not in this case...

Just cut another face cord of wood(free wood, compliments of NYS Electric and Gas cutting it into nice 18 inch rounds for me, sweet. So far I have received about 6 face cords of free wood, with another 5 or 6 left to split. Man I owe my grandma big time because she told all of my relatives I am saving all of this wood for my grandson......Free wood, is there anything sweeter in life?

Yep I am a Police Officer with the DEC Forest Rangers,
I cover Erie, Niagara, and Wyoming counties in Western New York. Best job in the state, I get paid to patrol the woods (check fisherman, hunters for compliance, ride snowmobiles, ATV's, mountain bikes. I fight wildland fires (does not happen too much), search for lost or missing persons in the woods, I am hoist operator with the State Trooper helicopters, plus I teach Defensive tactics to our recruits. A great job!

Yep. I picked up a Summer's Heat pellet stove and pipe kit for 50% at Lowes.

Bravo, enjoy the new pellet stove and pipe kit. I saw that pipe kit by Simpsons Dura Vent when I was there today, sweet! What a deal!

This is when I call it Christmas season.....The third week at Lowes!

Just turned my Electric Wood stove heater on. It has a remote control, you can just turn it on with the flame and no heat, or flame with heat, plus it has a thermostat. The blower at the bottom is very quiet and that is the only part of the stove that gets warm(good idea for little kiddies that the "glass" where the flame is does not get hot)

What a bargain for 73.00 dollars, I am glad I bought the bigger one. Lowes had 2 models, one for 39 dollars (no remote, a little smaller, no thermostat) and the slightly bigger one that I bought for 34 dollars more, well worth the little extra cash

Status
Not open for further replies.