Deal or no deal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deron

Nov 3, 2009
Northern Kentucky
I just bought a Napoleon 1402 insert at HomeClick for $1577.49 with free delivery.

Had a Black Friday 12% discount which is a little better than what they were offering
a couple days ago -- plus free shipping and no sales tax.

Deal or no deal?

Resist the Black Friday nonsense and call around. Check local dealers first. If they are within $100-200, I'd get it locally. There have been reports of folks getting there stoves in multiple shipments from HC and some with door glass broken due to poor packing. Make sure the price includes all parts and the door. FWIW, Zooblers has this stove for about $35 less.

Thats not a bad price at all seeing how a local dealer here is selling that unit for over $3,000. She's known as a price gouger, she was selling pellets for $440 a ton last year during the shortgae. How she stays in business is beyond me, she loaded up her yard over the summer with over 500 tons of pellets, doesnt look like many have left the yard yet, not sure what her prices are this year but Im sure they're higher than anyone else around here.

BeGreen said:
Resist the Black Friday nonsense and call around. Check local dealers first. If they are within $100-200, I'd get it locally. There have been reports of folks getting there stoves in multiple shipments from HC and some with door glass broken due to poor packing. Make sure the price includes all parts and the door. FWIW, Zooblers has this stove for about $35 less.

Local dealers wanted between $2300 and $2600 with the door and the fan and basic surround which is standard. I also would have had to pay sales tax if I bought it locally and one
dealer even wanted to charge me an additional freight charge.

The Homeclick price was $1533 for the stove and another $259 for the door which came out to $1792. The kicker was a 4 hour window to purchase any stove for 12% off so my
final price was $1577 and change.

This was better than anything I was able to find. I actually checked Zoobler and they were offering it for $1839.

I paid for it via credit card...I hope no issues with damage, but I'll have a recourse if it is.

Actually after looking at Zoobler site again they want $1533 for the stove but another $233 for the door. So the final price is $1776.

If you are happy, then deal.

UPDATE:

Very happy to report my Napoleon 1402 arrived in pristine condition aside from a couple of
very small scratches which can be easily touched up.

I have read where some folks have had problems with HomeClick, but as for us, we had
an outstanding experience. Two thumbs way up.

The installer was blown away by the price which he said is at or possibly below dealer cost.

Also had the SS liner put in -- I'll update that thread separately.

Great, good to hear it worked out well for you. Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to seeing the installed pics with it burnin hot!

Breaking in the paint job a little today, I need to charge my cameras battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.