Dealers giving the $600 Harman rebate..sort of

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dwite01 said:
I still have one up for sale $2600 ,under warranty, has decorative trim kit, excellent condition, and under warranty. It beats the rebate !!!!!

No warranty when you sell it

Gotta love it.
The price of steel and other commodities has come WAY down. Also, a big purchaser of products from other OEM's (like Harman, HHT) have amazing leverage in the current economy, which is largely deflationary.

EVERY product that I have been looking at (boats, real estate, computers, etc. etc. ) has been coming DOWN in price.

Not to put anything on Harman - great stoves and the consumer satisfaction with them is tops. Also, the stoves which have been built over the winter and are in dealers hands were built with higher priced steel and parts - the economy really didn't fall completely apart until about Sept, when HHT already had probably locked in many prices.

The point is .....none at all. But when prices go up, it does not mean a selfish boggeyman is always behind it. YOU (customers and dealers) screamed for Harman and everyone else to make more stoves. They responded by doing so. Now the sales have slowed and they may discount to move some product. Fine.....

I think Americans are quite paranoid......maybe rightly so when it comes to Wall Street, etc......but give the local dealer and the stove makers a break. Shop around if price is important and you will get at least a fair deal.

jtakeman said:
Shane said:
Last time I checked this is America and you can sell anything for whatever price you want. Suggested retail is just that, a suggestion. Harman isn't going to yell at him or take away special harman dealer points for taking advantage of capitalism. He'll probably get a dealer of the year award.

Next time your in line to buy pellets(or what ever) and you see an over inflated price. Remember what you said here!

If his list was $3800 before the rebate, I'd understand. I sir would not buy sh*+ for this guy. Or anyone that does business like him!

Yes its America, But a little honesty goes a long way in the way you do your business. A happy costumer will return again and again, One that thinks he's been screwed will think twice and look else where!!!

If that's the way you would do business, You'd better find a new line of work!

jay

I didn't say I'd gladly hand my money to the guy, just that your suggestion of tattle tailing to the manufacturer isn't going to do a damn thing in an instance like this. As for the personal attack stating that I myself am a shady business man, well that has to run off my back. I spent 8 years in the retail hearth industry and NEVER once ripped off a single person for a single cent. Said what I'd do and did what I said, even if it cost me money to do so. I have people I run into all the time asking if I'll service/clean their stove on the side. I offered top notch service at a decent price, saturday service calls, after work calls, I even pulled crap like not charging little ol' ladies on pensions. True piece o' crap, I know. Good thing for my customers that I did have to find a new profession.

jtakeman said:
weatherguy said:
Kinsman I dont think he meant you, you seem to be honest and have a good reputation among the folks here, but he's referring to the dealers with exclusive territories that squeeze every last cent out of the consumer, because they can. I found a good dealer and will gladly pay a little more for the service he offers. I also met a dealer while I was looking that was looking to get every cent she could because she saw demand soar, those dealers give the good dealers a bad name.

I did mean Eric, He's a good one. Did I word that wrong??

I meant good really!

jay

Gee thanks guys and gals. Stop in if you are in N/E Ohio and get a hat.

Eric

SmokeyTheBear said:
kinsman stoves said:
Not nice to be sarcastic or poke fun at people........You might make them cry or hurt their feelings.

Eric

<sarcasm>
ROTFLMBFBAO
</sarcasm>

And what ever do you mean, Smokey?

Eric

stoveguy13 said:
dwite01 said:
I still have one up for sale $2600 ,under warranty, has decorative trim kit, excellent condition, and under warranty. It beats the rebate !!!!!

No warranty when you sell it

YES there is, Harman lets you transfer the warranty to the new owner.................

kinsman stoves said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
kinsman stoves said:
Not nice to be sarcastic or poke fun at people........You might make them cry or hurt their feelings.

Eric

<sarcasm>
ROTFLMBFBAO
</sarcasm>

And what ever do you mean, Smokey?

Eric

Well Eric as far as I'm concerned being sarcastic towards or poking fun at some people is deserved and it really doesn't bother me if they cry or have their little feelings hurt so I'm Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Big Fat Bear Ass Off over the matter ;-).

Does that clear up the situation for you?

ok....here's how the Cold Cash/Hot Deals sale is SUPPOSED to work!

All discounts (in the p-68's case is $600) are discounted off of MSRP, and are supposed to be not in conjunction with any other offers....so, the P68 MSRP is $3525 (for a black stove, no trim).....if you discount $600 off, the price should be $2925.....if the prices are higher than this, theres something going on.

Like I said somewhere else here, the top 3 criterion used when someone purchases ANY product is price, quality, and service. Unfortunately, not one, not even the "big boxes" can offer all 3. The best one can give is 2 out of 3. In other words, if the price is the cheapest, and the quality seems good, its likely there will be no service....the big boxes. They sell affordable units, the Englanders are well-received here, so thats price and quality....but service? Does the big box come out and fix your unit? No. Are they NFI certified? No. If theres a warrantee issue, who's gonna fix it? You are. The folks at Englander will talk you through it, even send you the parts to fix it, but, if you are the guy who doesnt know which end of a screwdriver to hold, yep, youre screwed. So, in this case, you make the service concession, because you'll fix whats wrong. Its obvious that a harman in going to cost more than an Englander, thats service and quality, and if the dealer is good, they'll provide the service.....hopefully.

Flame on

Status
Not open for further replies.