Dear Hearth.com

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corie

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2005
Camp Hill, PA
Dear Everyone,

Over the last couple days, you've all been able to see the pictures from Reno and have gotten to hear some of the stories. Although I have only touched the tip of the iceburg here, I hope it's obvious how much this all meant to me. For my entire life, I've known this was what I wanted to do. I've always been fascinated with fire, stoves, firewood as well as designing things and fabricating with metal. For many people, it seems very odd that someone at my age not only knows what they want to do for the rest of their life, but also that the hearth industry is that career. I read patents, manufacturers brouchures, installation manuals, instruction manuals and any other possible source for Hearth related information.

I'm mentioning these things to show how important this trip to Reno was for me. Never in my life have I been able to be around so many people with my interests, albeit probably not to the same extent as me. I've never met presidents of companies, stove designers that I look up to, and hundreds of other wonderful people part of the industry that I care about so much. On top of that, I've never been known for anything. At this show, people were coming to me, telling me they had heard my story, heard about the donor program, heard about what all of you had done for me, etc. Some companies even told me they had talked about me numerous times and were fascinated with my interest and dedication to the hearth industry.

None of this could have been possible without every one of you. It doesn't matter if you gave money, I'm here because of all of you. All of you that have read my posts, set me straight when I was wrong or even learned a thing or two. All of you that gave money so that a poor college kid with a poor family could travel to another state and live three days in a dream. I don't mean to dramatize the trip, but really, I have never had three better days in my entire life. Between the stoves, the people, the burning displays, talking with the big wigs of the companies, getting more donor stoves and more donor pipe, the parties, the Vesta Awards, spending time with Craig, Thomas, Trevor, Ryan, Richard, Rod and anyone else who I'm forgetting, these were the three most memorable days of my life.

So, in closing, I just want to extend one more big thank to you everyone. Thanks for donated money so I could go. Thanks for listening to me. Thanks for helping with resumes and business cards. Thanks for sending funds and materials that make the donor program possible.

HUGE special thanks to Craig for setting everything up for me, show me around, telling some great stories, and putting me in touch with almost every important person I know in the industry.

Another HUGE special thanks to Thomas for taking me out to dinner mlutiple times, shuttling me around, and putting up with me over an extended period of time.

I hope that wherever I end up after I graduate from school, I can design products and innovations that will make every one of you proud.

And someday, when I'm up on that Vesta stage receiving that award, I'll be thinking of every one of you.

With the utmost gratitude for all of you,

Corie Podschelne

Sign me up for a custom install someday Corie . . I want to be one of the first in line

Steve C.
Drexel '95

Corie:
Your attitude and dedicatation you've shown numerous times is exactly why people wanted to help. I'm sure everyone here was excited as you were to get there, and see reports through a "new set of eyes". You'll do well in the industry - I don't think there's any doubts about it. If any of the stove manufacturers are really looking to bring good, talented and energetic people into the Company... the smart ones probably know they've met the guy they want working for them.

Keep us all up to date on the progress.

The line forms behind the Neanderthal!
I already have my stove order in. And we are talking 24" splits loaded North to South :)

Corie,
I am so glad that Hearth.com and its members were able to make your dream come true and give you this opportunity; I only wish there was more that I could have done personally. It is so refreshing to see a young man with your character! So often we hear about how this generation or that group is going down hill, it's uplifting to hear about a true success story for a change. I'm sure you will continue to live your dream well after graduation.

It's also refreshing and uplifting to find a group of people like those here. People of different backgrounds, education levels, beliefs and professions who can come together for our shared interests and causes. People who are also willing to help others they do not personally know, whether it's through donations to Corie's Reno fund, assistance with the donor program, shared knowledge and experiences, advice or just a kind word when someone needs to hear one. My hat is off to you all.

Ok, I'll stop before this turns into a Lifetime mini-series...Besides I called Corie a 'young man'...Boy do I feel old, I better go have a drink while I can still make it to the beer fridge!

Corie, Thanks for the kind words. You have it man! The hard work and the dedication is paying off. Be honest and keep your word with a handshake and the sky is the limit. Good luck and sign me up to help with the next install, your friend, Quick

Corie...'Spoken like a Scholar and a Gentleman'...

Corie If I type too much well you know. As always you have had my support. Nothing more needs saying except are you ready to face the media?

Corie:
When it comes time for references and letters of support for your job applications, you know where to come. A successful career launch is reward enough. As my Grandad said, GO GET 'EM TIGER.

Happy to help and be a part of the campaign Corie. Truth be told, I'd like to thank you for giving a some hope to the hearth and to America. We need more folks with your spirit. You go dude.

I appreciate your gratitude.

Now, you need to pat yourself on the back for a job well done.

One of my favorite sayings....

"Make Work Lists, Not Wish Lists"

I think you have that one covered.

A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep
In dreams you lose your heartaches
Whatever you wish for, you keep
Have faith in your dreams and someday
Your rainbow will come smiling thru
No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing
the dream that you wish will come true

~~~
And it did...

You more than give back Corie. Thanks for the wonderful things you do.

Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.