Dearborn Bortec Looking to Perform Product Testing with Pre-EPA Stove owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P1010608.jpg

http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a475/akakrill/Forum photos/P1010608.jpg

We at Dearborn Bortec are releasing a new product based on an old technology. It is a fireplate designed to be installed as a replacement baffle inside the firebox of most front load Pre-EPA woodstoves. It enables you to pump water through your firebox and provide hot water to a storage tank that is connected to your existing forced hot water heating system or domestic hot water. The fireplate could be used independently as well.

Visit our facebook photo album to see a system connected with fireplate.
Fireplate Facebook Page

This post is to find out how much market interest there would be in such a product. We are looking for a New England area member to install a plate and allow us rights to photograph and participate in the installation aside a licensed professional of the owners choosing.

Benefits

Wood Fired Hot Water Energy System

Mounts Inside Conventional Wood Stoves
Adding Hot Water Heating Capability

Increases Stove Efficiency and Absorbs
Heat From Escaping Hot Gases

Reduce Monthly Energy & Heating Costs

Multiple Room Capability

Connect To Domestic Hot Water

Machined Solid Steel & Weld Construction

Simplicity & Compact Size

Independent or Auxiliary System Design

Sales are available, I just registered and will need permission from the forum once my industry membership is complete I will post sales information.

Respectfully
Bill Cleveland

You should also think about converting this design to a secondary air product, put in air tubes with holes with a baffle and your set, I could see this working on a Timberline/Fisher stove setup more than I can see people buying it for hot water.

SAFETY FEATURES:

The amount of water contained in the FIREPLATE is small, any steam which might be generated by overheating can easily be accommodated by the expansion tank.

In fact, to remove creosote FIREPLATE can be operated dry without fear of damage to the unit itself. <--- I can understand you are marketing to ol timers, but still isn't cool to tell people to have chimney fires.

I agree, we are also talking with one manufacturer at this time to incorporate the technology into a secondary burn baffle.

"The amount of water contained in the FIREPLATE is small, any steam which might be generated by overheating can easily be accommodated by the expansion tank." This is also handled by the storage tank loop and the pressure relief valve as an additional safety mechanism.

"In fact, to remove creosote FIREPLATE can be operated dry without fear of damage to the unit itself. <—- I can understand you are marketing to ol timers, but still isn’t cool to tell people to have chimney fires." I'm not sure I understand? If creosote forms on the plate you may drain the plate and have a regular fire and the plate will heat to temperatures beyond where it would if it were full of circulating water. Does this clarify what we mean? Respectfully Bill

does it have to be a New Englander to try this out? I have wanted to install one in a stove and have a circulator pump to move the water and just have not done it. I have fabrication experiance.

I suppose we could send one to you if you're willing to work with us and let us know what it cost you to install it, send us photos, and a performance write up including temperatures and system design. We are looking for someone to start there project right away. We have one system on site here but want to expand the study to a few pioneer systems. Send me an email with your system idea and perhaps we can work something out.

Respectfully,
Bill Cleveland

[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.