December Summer.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulywalnut

Minister of Fire
Nov 29, 2012
Kennett Square, PA
I hope you guys away from the east coast are having some cold weather. It's going to be close to 70 here tomorrow in "southern Pennsylvania". I can't even get a draft it's so warm.

I filled the woodbox today in case I wanted to start a fire but highs in the low 50's and lows around 40 don't drive much need for it. I turned the boiler thermostat up to take the chill off in the house. I'm not used to sweating while filling the woodbox.

Reactions: Paulywalnut
I'm making plans (day dreaming) of making a firewood x-mas tree and putting lights on it Sunday

I will be taking plenty of pics - I have about 5.5 cords to play with

Hit 65F here, supposed to get up to 70F tomorrow. Fixing a ventilation pipe under the house for the oil furnace and cut up some deadfall limbs.

Walmart.........has no SUN TAN LOTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: brhorgan
I love it, burning a little to keep the block walls warm. I'll take it, might have burned a whole cord so far. At this rate I'm 5 years ahead not 4 :)

Reactions: Paulywalnut and D9H
I am burning about half the day, light up after work and let it go out overnight. The nights are going below freezing again and so will the days this upcoming week!

Does anyone remember last winter. Same thing happened last December not quite as warm but it was not cold. Then January showed up and we payed for it. I'm sure we get to burn plenty this year. But if we don't look at all the wood that ready for next year. Everyone will be that much farther ahead. I love cutting, splitting, stacking and burning wood as much as the next guy but sixty plus degrees in December is up there on my like list. Going to cut more tomorrow with a buddy shag bark hickory and oak nothing better than doing this when it is warm and dry.

The best weather wienie around here forecast the warm December back at the first of November. But at the same time he forecast major butt kickings for mid-January all through February.

Reactions: D8Chumley
We were in the mid 50's today. Dropped off the sled for some service. Seemed really weird in a t-shirt.
There is not a single day in the next 2 weeks where the forecast shows a temp below 36. Mostly in the 40's. 0 to -5 would not be odd for this time of year for us. Still burning my October wood.

They say the snow is coming back to colorado this weekend. Hard to believe, it was about 65 today

Its warm in the Rockies but it still looks like winter. I had to shovel the driveway today. Currently 30 ::F outside with steady but half loads in the stove. Im burning some sub alpine fir at the moment and sitting here in my shorts at 73 ::F

Reactions: D8Chumley
Still very mild for middle of Saskatchewan. 24 F -6 C ish kind of weather right now. It looks like winter is coming by Tuesday, but again, not our normal winter.

Waiting to start whining about the bitter winter weather, meanwhile it still looks like September outside. Guess I have to find something else to complain about until old man winter wakes up and bites us on the a$$

I grumbled the times I had to mow the grass on Thanksgiving. Now I am going to have to mow it on Christmas Day. >>

Does anyone remember last winter. Same thing happened last December not quite as warm but it was not cold. Then January showed up and we payed for it. I'm sure we get to burn plenty this year. But if we don't look at all the wood that ready for next year. Everyone will be that much farther ahead. I love cutting, splitting, stacking and burning wood as much as the next guy but sixty plus degrees in December is up there on my like list. Going to cut more tomorrow with a buddy shag bark hickory and oak nothing better than doing this when it is warm and dry.
No! It was cold from start to finish here. And then some.

Yeah I wasn't out in a tee shirt last year. I was today. And we are gonna bust a record from 1873 Sunday if things meet the forecast.

My globe is warming.

Status
Not open for further replies.