December to remember

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this weather is just setting us up for a big shock come January. Supposed to hit 60* here mid-week. Next thing you know we'll have highs in the teens. I'll take the warm while i can though.

lukem said:
I think this weather is just setting us up for a big shock come January.

Ha, bring it. Need to find out if those 3 yo big splits of BL, Beech and Sugar Maple are worth waiting for.

SolarAndWood said:
lukem said:

Ha, bring it. Need to find out if those 3 yo big splits of BL, Beech and Sugar Maple are worth waiting for.

Careful talkin smack to mother nature.

lol, feeling pretty tough now that I have more than plywood and batts between the studs on the windward side of the house.

SolarAndWood said:
lukem said:

Solar, we have some sugar maple over three years old, the chit rocks.

zp

Nice weather indeed. This was the scene at my place on December 1st

ry=400

That's beautiful gmule but I am ok waiting for it after what we had last year.

Zap, I'm looking for a reason to break out the good stuff. Kind of tired of stuffing the stove with junk.

Good to hear that others are having nice weather too. I don't even really have snow on the ground yet! A bit here and there but not enough to pull the kids on the otter sled through the field or anything. Temp keeps moving back and forth near 0 °C or the + single digits during the day and - 10 or so at night. Real nice for this time of year around here. Hope it holds till January :)

Status
Not open for further replies.