Decent Score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bob95065

Burning Hunk
Aug 13, 2013
Felton, CA
Thursday I answered a craigslist ad for free eucalyptus and didn't hear back. After work I ran 4 miles then went to a friend's house to cut down a dead tree. I dug the stump out and wound up with a 1/4 truckload of bone-dry wood.

I was drinking a glass of water when the eucalyptus guy called. It turns out he is an arborist and did a removal. I went to the job site and got a truckload of wood. He said he has more removals coming up and he would call me when he has rounds available. God is good!

Attachments

• 100_1097.JPG
    100_1097.JPG
    337.3 KB · Views: 221
  • 100_1098.JPG
    100_1098.JPG
    318.4 KB · Views: 215
I lift weights and run 4 - 6 miles every day. People ask me what I am training for and I tell them firewood season. Weights for strength and running for endurance.

Many years (and pounds) ago I used to run marathons. Now I have some young guys that I informally coach. One of the guys had the dead tree that I removed.

Woody, should be THE best

Reactions: Iembalm4aLiving
I only use Eucalyptus for heating. We have various species here. I hope the one you got will split easily. Some can be a real pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.