Decided on a blue/black Jotul Oslo

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RSNovi

Feeling the Heat
May 12, 2010
Michigan
The dealer, Superior Saw in Mason, MI, has been great to work with so far. They ordered in a blue/black Oslo just so I could it compare it to matte black allowing me to choose. Needless to say, I chose the blue/black. We finalize the plans for install next week. I just need to finish grouting the tile flour that the stove will sit on this weekend.

Chris

Congrats. You are going to love that Oslo. And it was a good call to get the enamel.

nice stove!!!!!!!Pics!!!!!!!!!!

johnnywarm said:
nice stove!!!!!!!Pics!!!!!!!!!!

I'll get some pics up after the installation.

Chris

Thats a great choice.
You wont regret the Blue Black, because the stove will look like new for ever!

Im biased also, I have a Blue Black Jotul (602) and it looks new, even though its 8 years old

blue black is the best enamel for the $ IMHO

OK, it's official . . . I hate RSNovi for getting one of those blue-black Oslos . . . ;) :) . . . and yes, I'm kidding RS . . . I just keep kicking myself for not getting one myself . . . my only regret with my Oslo purchase . . . congrats on the stove purchase.

Now about tiling the "flour" . . . I'm pretty sure flour is combustible and may not meet Jotul's hearth requirements. ;) :) . . . Again, congrats on becoming an Oslo owner.

firefighterjake said:
OK, it's official . . . I hate RSNovi for getting one of those blue-black Oslos . . . ;) :) . . . and yes, I'm kidding RS . . . I just keep kicking myself for not getting one myself . . . my only regret with my Oslo purchase . . . congrats on the stove purchase.

Now about tiling the "flour" . . . I'm pretty sure flour is combustible and may not meet Jotul's hearth requirements. ;) :) . . . Again, congrats on becoming an Oslo owner.

Funny on the flour. I had to go back to my original post to get it, but now I do. :)

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.