Decorative Screen/Grate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amdlgt

Feb 21, 2014
montana
We have a wood stove on our main floor. The pipe goes through the ceiling to the master bedroom and through that ceiling to the outside. We don't plan to enclose the pipe with a wall but would like to get a decorative screen/grate of some sort but I have no clue what to Google to search for one because I'm unsure of what they are called exactly. I want to hide this pipe but still utilize the heat from it. Thanks for your replies. And my apologies if I posted in the wrong category. (Would have to be I think at least 12ft high)

Do you have a local machine shop? Talk to them about your need, pick out the grate you like and have them weld it up for you. It would most likely be cheaper and would be what you want.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: amdlgt
I think you want a good metal shop. There are lots of decorative expanded metals to choose from if you want a large grille. Or you could frame it in (minding clearance requirements) and then put a small grille at the top and bottom.

Check for you largest local sheet metal shop and ask them if they can get you decorative expanded metals and ask to look at the catalog of choices if they don't have some samples. Or order a nice large grille or two smaller ones from here:
http://www.atlantasupply.com/

Reactions: amdlgt
Status
Not open for further replies.