Decorative stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NextEndeavor

Burning Hunk
Jan 16, 2011
Southern Iowa
Question: is there any difference in heat output for a light colored stove compared to the usual flat black? I think I’m referring to only cast iron which I believe can be enameled or have a porcelain outer shell covering. I’m guessing the convection performance would be the same for air movement but what about the radiant heat energy? The unit on the home page of this website is beautiful. Second question, is that light color hard to keep clean?

Our soapstone stove also has a good amount of cast. The firebox door, for instance is cast. I've touched black doors and unfortunately have touched this gray colored door. I can assure you they are both very hot...

Backwoods Savage said:
Our soapstone stove also has a good amount of cast. The firebox door, for instance is cast. I've touched black doors and unfortunately have touched this gray colored door. I can assure you they are both very hot...

LOL are you the self abusement director there?

Ray

No Ray, that's amusement.

Backwoods Savage said:
No Ray, that's amusement.

Just joking Dennis no offense.. BTW I found out how hot my black cast iron gets when my work glove developed a hole in the finger and I opened the woodstove door with that hand.. OUCH! I know what 500 degrees feels like now lol

Ray

Keep the Vitamin E handy Ray. It works wonders for burns as does aloe.

Backwoods Savage said:
Keep the Vitamin E handy Ray. It works wonders for burns as does aloe.

Years ago a friend and coworker got a nasty burn from an overheated radiator.. He went to the doctor and was told to use Aloe and NOT the stuff in a bottle but the actual plant itself.. He did as told and in spite of the smell he healed incredibly fast! The indians were known for many fantastic cures many in use to this day.. It pays to stay in tune with Mother Earth..

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.