deep cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A total strip down of the stove, motors, auger(s) and brushed out / vacuumed out, exhaust vent inside the house and outside the house brushed out. Look for any places where ash / soot will settle inside the stove, this includes the heat exchanger area and exhaust paths within the stove, it all needs to be cleaned out.

The first thing you do is read the manual. Buy yourself a good electric leaf blower and make an adapter to attach it to your exhaust vent. Whenever you shut down to do your deep cleaning, use the leaf blower to keep the stove under a vacuum as it keeps the crud out of the house. Also ensure that you disconnect any vacuum tube/s to prevent possible damage to the vacuum switch before using the leaf blower. The best advice that I can give you is to become as familiar with your stove as you are with your wife or girlfriend. "You must become "one" with your stove grasshopper".

The first thing you do is read the manual. Buy yourself a good electric leaf blower and make an adapter to attach it to your exhaust vent. Whenever you shut down to do your deep cleaning, use the leaf blower to keep the stove under a vacuum as it keeps the crud out of the house. Also ensure that you disconnect any vacuum tube/s to prevent possible damage to the vacuum switch before using the leaf blower. The best advice that I can give you is to become as familiar with your stove as you are with your wife or girlfriend. "You must become "one" with your stove grasshopper".
I think this is taking the LBT to the extreme, don't you think? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.