Deep freeze is Here!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GolfandWoodNut said:
Is that still cutting weather for ya Quads? I think I am waiting a bit and not as cold here, low 20's.
Yes it is. Was out all day yesterday cutting and had to make a couple deliveries and will be again today. 8° right now.

Shari said:
tfdchief said:
Here is the graph from my weather station for outside temps. here...last 24 hrs. Just keeps going down :ahhh:

That's neat! I think Quads has/did have something similiar(?).

I'd like to see something like with outside/inside/basement temps that I could monitor.
I do Shari. It's very old, uses Windows 3.1 program, but I can't hook it up to my new Windows 7 computer (no serial port and it won't run the old program).

The clouds rolled in early this morning and stopped the low temp from falling beyond 8°, but now it's snowing a little again.

Get your burn on, people!! We are getting pounded with Lake Effect as I type and we are like a long way from the lake. So far in fact, I'm not sure what 'the lake' is. I think Huron.

But as Dennis said, in a few weeks we'll look back at this as balmy :coolsmile:

This poor Gurl, on the other hand, apparently lives in a cold house. She needs to meet one of our fine, wood burning members.

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
Get your burn on, people!! We are getting pounded with Lake Effect as I type and we are like a long way from the lake. So far in fact, I'm not sure what 'the lake' is. I think Huron.

This poor Gurl, on the other hand, apparently lives in a cold house. She needs to meet one of our fine, wood burning members.
nice-blue-tshirt-message.gif

I have some part-time work available. Starts Now!

Single digits by my place this morning at 3 am. broke out some ash and hard maple for the 30nc to digest. 75 in the bedroom hall way when I left at 6 am. Should keep the WE Energies wallet mongers at bay most of the day. This is the first load of good stuff for the season, in the stove, been silver maple up to now so it will be interesting to see what the temp is inside when I get home this evening. Gas furnace is set at 65, if it is 67 or better inside then the gas furnace did not run as the furnace t-stat system runs about 1 degree above the setting.
Hey Shari ya all stay toastie over there. Did the first plowing of snow Sat. and Mr. Murphy along some of his kin folk came along for the ride.

blades said:
Hey Shari ya all stay toastie over there.

Heh heh heh - I have sinned - I've got such a bad cold right now. I felt like you know what last night and would have had to stay up another hour or so before being able to stoke the fire for over night so I turned on the furnace and went to bed.

Go ahead, beat me up now.

Shari

smokinjay said:
Hope your ready hi's low 20's low in the low teen's! Oh just to make it alittle more fun High Winds....

Still burning cherry with the temp in the basement 74 this morning and 70 on the main floor. Can't be a deep freeze until you get into the good stuff. (beech & sugar maple)

zap

ISeeDeadBTUs said:

We are getting hammered 2 .
50" plus in the last 2 days.
I thinx we'll break some records. Not supposed to let up for 2 more days.

A-cord-ingLEE said:
ISeeDeadBTUs said:

We are getting hammered 2 .
50" plus in the last 2 days.
I thinx we'll break some records. Not supposed to let up for 2 more days.

WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.