Deer fly revenge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveGunter

Nov 15, 2011
coastal maine
I hate those suckers, repellant doesn't work, then I found these:
http://www.deerflypatches.com/
They work like a charm. Duct tape on one side, flesh colored fly tape on the other, and you get to watch the little bastards die. Now if I could just find a way to stick them to the dogs.

Seems like someone posted how to make a nice deer fly catcher once upon a time. No doubt the same principle.

We've had some this year but it seems not as many as we usually have.

electric-bug-swatter.jpg

I run down an abandoned rail trail that goes right through a big swamp. I have been chased the entire length of the 3 mile run by deer flies. I decided to fight back this year and have been carrying one of these with me. The one I have puts out 2200V and the ZAPS are loud and very satisfying.

ZAP ZAP ZAP ZAP!

I might look strange running down a trail whipping this racket around my head, but the bugs never bug me for long.

Uncle Si has one of those...

I love my electric swatter best Christmas present from a coworker ever!!

Status
Not open for further replies.