defiant 1

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fbelec

Minister of Fire
Nov 23, 2005
Massachusetts
when replacing the one piece fireback with the two piece, i hear the side of the stove has to be replaced also. i read on another thread that the two piece can be install into the old side but there would be some grinding to do. just what is it that has to be ground down and how much grinding is involved?

thanks
frank

Perhaps you read the thread re ;Vigilants, because the D1 definately requires a naw left vend w/door assy. Sorry, there's no other way to replace the old 1pc. fireback in that stove. Good news is 1 less part to have to chip cement out of!

yes that is the tread. i was just trying to buy one less part. as far as replacing the fireback i'd be there anyway with what i have to take apart to replace the back.

thanks
frank

The kit I bought many years ago included a new door and a new side panel. I just cant convince myself to get rid of of the old door and panel as it would make a nice front door for a home made stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.