Mid-Atlantic (NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA) delivery special price coming up at Lowes this week

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lagger

Feeling the Heat
Apr 2, 2014
Bloomingburg NY
I got a sneak preview of this week's ad for lowes in the Hudson Valley and noticed this coming week they are offering pellet delivery for 19.00 dollars for 1 ton up to 6 tons.. currently they have a fairly good supply of Greene Team hardwoods (they also have north americans but I am not s fan of these in spite of a lower price). delivery is usually 65.00 dollars there. The GT's are 6.25 a bag but cheaper by the ton, if you have a lowes CC there is an additional 5% off... or go to your local post office, get the free change of address kit and use the 10% lowes coupon in it)

The Lowes here charged me just $19 for delivery. But they said if I wanted them to bring the pallet jack this time, it was $10, per pallet.

I believe that charge is if you have them bring them into your garage etc with the hand operated jack, standard delivery here ( I had already gotten 2+ tons) was via the motorized fork lift the truck carries... ymmv I guess.. I bought from the middletown ny store, and paid 65 for the delivery ( 120 bags GT's total cost 707.00) they dropped them along side the garage where I asked them to

I noticed when I was at Lowe's (Concord, NH) over the weekend they had a sign up for $19 delivery within a 75 mile range. Good God, I can't get anyone in town, less than a mile away from me to actually deliver, and they will deliver to me (30 miles away) for $19? Of course, I really don't want GS or Maine's Choice for the price they want per ton (can get Maine's Choice for 4.98/bag at Wally World - saving 50 cents / bag)

you can get the Greene Teams (much better than GS or MC) for 279 a ton with their credit card

Status
Not open for further replies.