Dell Europa 75 issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linda&Stu

Dec 20, 2010
New Jersey
We have abt 3000sq ft home and I have been using the Europa since 2005 as my primary heat source. The first year was great heat output. But then then unit stopped working mid-Feb, and I was told the unit was recalled, and the company replaced it in 2006. The replacement unit never gave off as much heat, and I have had on-going problems with it. I have replaced the auger screws numerous times. This year, I decided to buy a whole new unit, to avoid any mid-season issues. I replaced the part, no problems. Hahaha. Problem #1, I cannot seem to maintain an ashbed. Even if I lower the ash extraction to 1, the ashbed is non-existent. Problem #2, therefore, I am not getting very much heat from the unit. Problem #3, the mini helix setting are a joke, because even if I crank up the combustion, and keep the extraction at 1, I do not get the correct readings. I barely hover around the 2. This morning, we woke up to a cold house, the stove was out, and the E1 message did not make sense, because there was a full hopper. (could it be my ash bed was just too low?) The feed auger is working tempermentally. We just emptied the hopper (always fun), disassembled the auger, seemed to release some pellets that way, put it back together, and started it up. The auger is turning, but not always are pellets being dropped. About 2/3 of the time. I am getting fed up with this Europa. Read some old post from Frank offering a trial unit to a customer in CT--- is that offer still good? The unit worked well in the past, and I don't feel like it's old enough to have to replace. Is my unit just a lemon? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.