Dell Point DC 2000

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Northern Dude

Nov 12, 2009
Northern Ontario
Hey all,
I have a DC 2000 made in 1999 that I've been using the last few years. I bought it second hand and although I've had to replace a few parts, I'm quite pleased with it. It's all cast iron and solid.
I just replaced the auger because I noticed it was leaking and it was starting to make some grinding noise. Even to the not so mechanical type such as myself it was quite easy. I checked the auger several times to make sure it was dropping pellets and was happy with the rate so I decided to start it up. The DC goes through a 12 minute cycle of warming up and then it kicks in and the auger will start and the blowers as well. My stove will go through the 12 minute cycle but then shuts down just as the auger should kick in. Even the exhaust fan stops. I've tried it several times and can't get it to go. There are enough pellets in it to burn through the cycle until the auger kicks in so it's not that. I got a E8 code on my board and I think that means the oxygen sensor is faulty. I contacted Dell and found that they don't make oxygen sensors for my stove anymore.
Do you experts think it is the sensor or something else. I'm really not a pro when it comes to this stuff, but there's only one guy in my area that is a certified pellet stove installer and his prices are through the roof. I bought this stove for $400.00 and he charged me $1500.00 to install and another $600.00 for a blower last year. That's why I bought the auger myself and installed it.
I look forward to some replys...if you need any more info about the stove please ask

thank you

Northern Dude

We have a Dell Point dealer on the forum "Franks" who is quite knowledgeable and may be able to help you. Give it a day or so and he might show up and chime in.

Northern Dude said:
Thanks Gio....I'll keep dropping in and checking...bump it up if I need to..

Northern Dude

Why don't you just send him a PM?

macman said:
Northern Dude said:
Thanks Gio....I'll keep dropping in and checking...bump it up if I need to..

Northern Dude

Why don't you just send him a PM?
I think he`s aware . He was on another forum yesterday and I PMed him at that time.

Hey Northern Dude. That stove is prior to my experience with the company. I will forward this email to Claude Lapoint, the man who invented the stove. As luck would have it, he will be out of the office for 9 more days. You could try bypassing the sensor in question, to see if that is indeed the issue. The corn forums may also be a good place to look.

Also, for parts in the future, contact Paromax directly. They will sell the parts to you and save you money.

1-877-419-9877

Franks said:
Hey Northern Dude. That stove is prior to my experience with the company. I will forward this email to Claude Lapoint, the man who invented the stove. As luck would have it, he will be out of the office for 9 more days. You could try bypassing the sensor in question, to see if that is indeed the issue. The corn forums may also be a good place to look.

Also, for parts in the future, contact Paromax directly. They will sell the parts to you and save you money.

1-877-419-9877

This is why I love this forum. Where else are you going to get this kind of information. I'll bet if Franks had a working knowledge of your stove you would be well on the way to getting it back up and running. As it is he will probably work with you to get ist running.

Bkins

Thanks for the info guys...and Franks, I bought my auger direct from Claudes company...it did save alot of money...I've actually talked to him several times over the phone...in an e-mail he suggested that the stove had an oxygen sensor but it was probably already passed with a jumper...being a real novice when it comes to this stuff, I don't know what to look for...I see the high and low temp sensors but I'm unsure what the oxygen sensor looks like...the manual is very vague....And Claude did say that it was unfortunate but Dell only made a limited supply of parts for this model...
Anyways thanks again guys...if anyone can give me a heads up on what the oxygen sensor would look like, let me know...

Northern Dude

Northern Dude said:
Thanks for the info guys...and Franks, I bought my auger direct from Claudes company...it did save alot of money...I've actually talked to him several times over the phone...in an e-mail he suggested that the stove had an oxygen sensor but it was probably already passed with a jumper...being a real novice when it comes to this stuff, I don't know what to look for...I see the high and low temp sensors but I'm unsure what the oxygen sensor looks like...the manual is very vague....And Claude did say that it was unfortunate but Dell only made a limited supply of parts for this model...
Anyways thanks again guys...if anyone can give me a heads up on what the oxygen sensor would look like, let me know...

Northern Dude

Perhaps someone on Iburn corn.com could tell you what that sensor looks like. Be persistant. Don`t give up. I`m sure someone out there can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.