Dell Point Europa 75 noisy at start

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sofaking

Jan 15, 2014
WI
Just bought my first pellet stove a and all seems fine except at when you start your first fire. It makes all kinds of racket from the fan by the exhaust pipe. Sounds like the fan is going to come out of the back of the stove at times. Generally gets quieter after an hour. But I noticed the fan that's behind the control panel makes some noise only once in awhile. I tried to tighten the nuts on that motor because with just slight pressure it would quiet down.

Are these normal sounds from a stove?

Are they caused from not having an OAK hooked up?

I would say not normal, OAK should have no bearing on it. How old is the stove? Pull the fan and bench test, could be out of balance or have some crud on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.