Delta t pump

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chuck172

Minister of Fire
Apr 24, 2008
Sussex County, NJ
Is anyone using a delta t variable speed pump as a differential control from the boiler to the storage tank?

Hi Chuck, I tried one last year but it didn't work. I was told by Taco techs that it can be used in that application, but it didn't work at all. They now have the VS setpoint circulators that once again will "supposedly" work, but they are very expensive and I'm skeptical they'll work as intended. The Taco guy told me the controller on the Delta T was basically the same as the setpoint circulator, and by changing some of the Dip switch settings it would work as a setpoint circulator, but I never tried it.

Pat

I called Taco. They said that it should work fine in this application. I asked them if the pump shuts down when the delta t setting is satisfied. They said it doesn't. It still runs but at a slow speed.
I don't think that will work very well.

chuck172 said:
I called Taco. They said that it should work fine in this application. I asked them if the pump shuts down when the delta t setting is satisfied. They said it doesn't. It still runs but at a slow speed.
I don't think that will work very well.

Thats exactly what they told me... it "should" work, but it didn't

Status
Not open for further replies.