Dent in chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

marty319

Minister of Fire
Nov 17, 2014
Belair mb
Wouldn't you know it replacing my chimney and did not expect to have a crease in one of the sections as when I took delivery boxes were mint.so could not get ahold of company I bought it from and quite a distance away I s
Installed that section in the attic.not a significant dent but still a dent.should be okay I'm hoping?

It it is a minor dent and doesn't interfere with the joint between pipes it is probably fine

Halfway up chimney ,so I'm good with it.selkirk packaging is terrible seems to be a common issue with people getting dinged pipes.thanks for reply

Sometimes you can push on the sides of the dent and pop it out. For big creased dents you can run a very short stainless screw into the center of the dent leaving the head stick out. (short enough that it doesnt contact inner pipe) Then pull on the screw with vise grips to pull the dent. Run the screw flush afterward. Selkirk told me that minor dents dont affect the performance. Then use that section where it isnt readily seen.

Yup.pushed the sides and popped out