Derco/ Grizzley stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firebox

Aug 20, 2016
Cleveland
Can anyone tell me where I can get pictures and models of stoves produced by Derco/ Grizzley right before their close? I was a welder for them in 1977 in Blissfield, out on US223. I built quite a few, but I can't remember them all. As I remember, they were warranted for 25 years, all except for the Glass. I can tell you from experience they were well made, possibly too well made. Thanks in advance for the help.

I have an interest in the Derco stoves but, have not seen much on them regarding literature. I go on Searchallofcraigalist and it's a national craigslist search engine, sometimes you can find interesting stuff.

It looked like Derco had the right idea and the latest stoves I have seen were quite advanced. Too bad they did not endure. I found one near me for sale but, it must have sold.

We're the stoves with the Bear emblem on them the ones you welded on?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    252.6 KB · Views: 495
I have an interest in the Derco stoves but, have not seen much on them regarding literature. I go on Searchallofcraigalist and it's a national craigslist search engine, sometimes you can find interesting stuff.

It looked like Derco had the right idea and the latest stoves I have seen were quite advanced. Too bad they did not endure. I found one near me for sale but, it must have sold.

We're the stoves with the Bear emblem on them the ones you welded on?
Unfortunately I didn't see the finished product before it shipped out the door. I do remember one of the employees towing a trailer behind a truck to transport them. I got laid off 20 days before Christmas that year, what a let down.As I remember, they were located right across from the grain elevators on US 223 just outside (south end) of Blissfield Michigan. Almost a lifetime ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.