Desktop timer - a very handy tool

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
I use the kitchen timer. Don't need any additional bloatware on the puter.

Reactions: Swedishchef
I picked-up a kid's toy from a local thrift store meant to teach the telling of time.
I basically spin the dial of the toy to reflect the starting time of the most recent burn.
Upon reloading, I reset the time (rest is mental math).
It's a great (and simple/silly) way of tracking burn times & my wife is also "on-line" with doing it also.

Interesting how a child's toy can become a grown-ups tool.....

Reactions: Swedishchef
Can always use an extra timer, thanks.

I'm a tech geek...I press the button on my phone and say "Siri, remind me check fire in 40 minutes."

Then, in 40 minutes, the timer goes off on my phone...and my ipad...and my laptop... Thanks Siri!

I use the kitchen timer. Don't need any additional bloatware on the puter.

The nice thing is this software is just an exectuable. It doesn't need to be installed. No bloat at all. I am using it daily. My stove says thanks! I do use a kitchen timer when working outside or around the house. The main thing is to get into the habit of setting a timer if you are going to be out of the room. I like snap-timer because it comes front and center on the screen with a Time's up alert no matter what you are doing. This is also good for reminding me to stand up, stretch and get away from the computer twice an hour.

..... it comes front and center on the screen with a Time's up alert no matter what you are doing. This is also good for reminding me to stand up, stretch and get away from the computer twice an hour. a day.

;lol;)

:) Bionics, laptop grafted at the hip.

I'm a tech geek...I press the button on my phone and say "Siri, remind me check fire in 40 minutes."

Then, in 40 minutes, the timer goes off on my phone...and my ipad...and my laptop... Thanks Siri!

"Open the pod bay doors Hal."

Status
Not open for further replies.