DeWalt DWM-120 porta-band..used price?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beetle-Kill

Minister of Fire
Sep 8, 2009
Colorado- near the Divide
Picked up a barely used porta-band today, 5" deep cut, variable speed. Anyone have or used one? I've only used Mill-wonky's in the past. Thanks, JB

Picked up a barely used porta-band today, 5" deep cut, variable speed. Anyone have or used one? I've only used Mill-wonky's in the past. Thanks, JB
I have an older AMERICAN MADE Porter-Cable 7724 and I love it!

Never heard/seen of a portaband that wasn't red and gray:)

Reactions: Beetle-Kill
I bought a refurbished porta band from some online retailer last year just so I could use it with the SWAG Portaband Table and it is AWESOME!

p8171419-1.jpg

No financial interests in the above picture or webpage link.

I bought a "red&gray" brand new prolly 32-33 yrs. ago, back when their tools came in a metal box for about $350 and I used it yesterday. I think that they are about $250 now...... wonder it they'll be working in 30 yrs?

Ugh, I am just curious if anyone has used one, or owns on. I've used Milwaukees for over 2 decades, just never a DeWalt. The guy I got it from is moving out of state, and selling all his tools. He wanted $60, so I gave him $80. Outside of a few scuffs, it's almost new.
It even has a light that shines on the blade, cool huh?
So...has anyone used/own one?
Running it without a load, the trigger seems twitchy, light bit of pressure to start, then it goes full bore (not as nice a variation as the "red-n-gray" triggers). The speed dial works and is adjustable in operation, just feels gritty, may need to be cleaned, don't know. These kind of things are why I ask. Thanks, JB

For $80 how can you go wrong? Good deal!

Reactions: Beetle-Kill
Stuck a new saw blade on it, seems to cut like it should. For what I gave for it, I'm happy as a pig in......well...whatever makes a pig happy to be in. Sorry if I sounded pissy earlier, I'll figure out the quirks of this saw as time goes by. Thanks all. JB

Status
Not open for further replies.