DHW Mega-Score !!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mustash29

Minister of Fire
Feb 6, 2012
SE CT
Mega-score from CL. 75 bones. These go for 1250 new. :cool:

Crown Mega-Stor MS-40, 40 Gal, stainless tank & coil, Honeywell L400 aquastat, drain valve.

Plumber just removed it from his house that he is cleaning out and selling. It's 13 yrs old but in great condition.

The plan is to abandon the tankless coil on the oil boiler. I think it will fit nicely on the right side of the boiler, hardly any piping to run.

Great deal and all, and not to rain on your parade, but I have just about the same setup as you (is that a Burnham boiler?) and have an indirect tank, but I figured it'd be cheaper to run an electric water heater, and that's what I did.

I'm still searching for a deal on a quality electric to use during non-heating season.

I currently get most of my heat from an Englander 28-3500 wood furnace. I may play around with installing a water coil (Hilkoil) in it running a non pressurized loop & some storage.

I have researched a Froling 20/30 setup with pressurized storage and an Empyre Elite 100 which is non pressurized.

I will soon be looking a what Varmebaronen has to offer.

This place is addictive, and the info / discussions are awesome. :)

In-directs are nice if you use A LOT of hot water, but they are pretty inefficient due to the transfer process (Better then your boilers coil though!)

If I ever have to do a boiler / hot water set-up again, I'm going to run a separate heat exchanger off a zoneso I can heat a electric water heater with boiler, or simply use the electric water heater during the spring-fall monthes. I'm currently running a super-stor indirect, it works great, but you still lose a lot of heat from the boiler when heating the superstor is satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.