Dials/setting on dutchwest 267cl

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

burke91

Nov 11, 2009
southern tier, ny
OK -
So I think I have somethings figured out on my recently inherited woodstove (i looked for a manual specific to the 267cl, but could only find a generic pre-1990 dutchwest manual that was different then my unit).

From what I understand - I have 4 user adjustable settings/dials on this baby. left side, above door is the combustor bypass and the combustor air brass dial. Lower, on the left door, is the secondary air brass dial. On the rear of the unit is the primary air that is controlled by this funky, bi-metal auto vent control.

1. am i right about my assumptions??
2. the rear bi-metal vent control is broken and i can only adjust this manually now (the old bi-metal control would automatically open and close, depending on the stove temp). since i am now adjusting this manually - i guess this gets set to fully open on ignition and then gets throttled back to closed to achieve an optimal, long burn. is anyone familiar with this vent control and if its replacable?? manually adjusting this is possible but a royal pain to be consistant...
3. what is the difference in opening/closing the rear primary vent vs. the large, secondary brass dial vent on the door (not the small upper dial which i know is for the combustor).

thanks in advance...

dan

Status
Not open for further replies.