Did a little splitting today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elderthewelder

Minister of Fire
Spent a few hours splitting today, all the wood you see was scrounged.

The first 3 pics are a pile of Alder, and soft Maple. (that my son needs to start stacking)

Attachments

• wood1.JPG
    wood1.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 761
  • wood2.JPG
    wood2.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 698
  • wood3.JPG
    wood3.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 715
here is a pic of a pile of Cherry, that I had to "chunk up with the chainsaw, they were some knarlly looking rounds, no way I was going to split them. also a pic of the little wood shed/shelter that I will be storing the wood in. I still have a bunch of the Maple over a a friends house that I need to go split with his splitter as well (all scrounged) I am sucking for this year, but next year I will be set

Attachments

• cherry1.JPG
    cherry1.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 687
  • shed1.JPG
    shed1.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 661
  • shed2.JPG
    shed2.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 676
Elderthewelder said:
here is a pic of a pile of Cherry, that I had to "chunk up with the chainsaw, they were some knarlly looking rounds, no way I was going to split them. also a pic of the little wood shed/shelter that I will be storing the wood in. I still have a bunch of the Maple over a a friends house that I need to go split with his splitter as well (all scrounged) I am sucking for this year, but next year I will be set
Nuttin like the smell of burning cherry, thats some good sh-t ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.